Five Romantic Places to Visit in Paris, France by Amanda Bouchet, Author of Starbreaker
Hi Romance Besties,
Today Amanda Bouchet is stopping over to share PARIS with us all. Paris, France is one of my favorite cities and I can't wait to visit again. It has so many areas to expolore.
Thank you for inviting me today to talk about five romantic places in Paris! As some of you may already know, I’m an American living in France. I’ve been here for twenty years and spent the first half of that right in the heart of the beautiful city of lights. This last decade, I’ve been on the outskirts of Paris, which makes occasionally wandering back into my old neighborhoods even more special. Seeing the wrought-iron balconies spilling over with red geraniums and the beautiful tree-lined avenues with their grand and majestic nineteenth century buildings never fails to give me a little pang of longing for the days when I was first discovering the city and still felt like a tourist on a grand adventure.
So what do lovers do in Paris? The choices are pretty endless! And everyone’s interests vary, but I’m certain that Paris can provide something for everyone. Here are some of my favorite romantic spots and activities in Paris.
1. The Musée Rodin in the 7th arrondissement, near Les Invalides is one of my favorite museums in Paris. While I’m no expert in sculpture, these works of art are so stirring and romantic that this is the perfect place to visit “en amoureux”—with your partner. There are indoor and outdoor displays, all housed in a magnificent mansion surrounded by a beautiful garden. If you’re looking for a breath of fresh air and greenery in the center of the city, the museum is a great place to wander, hold hands, and enjoy the sensuality and brilliance of Rodin’s sculptures.
2. A boat ride along the Seine is a great way to see the major sights of the city along the river. I always suggest doing this at twilight, when there’s still enough daylight to see around you but dark enough that the monuments are all lit up with a beautiful, warm light. You might even be lucky enough to see the Eiffel Tower put on its sparkling light display, which happens every hour on the hour once night falls. To make this truly romantic, you could opt for a dinner cruise. Or you could take one of the tour boats leaving from Pont Neuf and then grab dinner at an adorable (but touristy) restaurant on the tip of Ile de la Cité at the lovely and charming Place Dauphine.
3. For a romantic amble, why not get lost in the labyrinth of streets of the Quartier Latin, wandering around the Sorbonne and the Panthéon and ducking in and out of the shops, cafés, and alleys that have seen the comings and goings of people for centuries—from today’s students to some of the world’s greatest minds. With every step you take on the cobbled streets, you’ll feel the neighborhood’s history echo in your bones. Soak up the ambiance and enjoy!
4. When in Paris, how about putting together a romantic picnic in the park? There are several parks to choose from, but I’d suggest grabbing some bread, cheese, fruit, and wine and settling in on the Champ de Mars with a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower. It’s an impressive sight you won’t soon forget, and if the lines aren’t too long, you can follow your picnic with taking in the views from the top of the tower. If you’re feeling the need to work off some of the gorgeous French pastries you’ve been eating while on vacation, you can even walk up the first part!
5. Another iconic, fun, and romantic thing to do in Paris is take in a show at the Moulin Rouge with your significant other. Have some champagne and enjoy the singing and dancing, especially the fabulous French Cancan! You’ll be transported straight into a nineteenth century French cabaret with all its burlesque ambiance. It’s fabulously entertaining, a little racy, and a memory for a lifetime.
I hope you enjoyed reading about some of my favorite things to do in Paris, and I hope you’ll check out my new release, the action-packed romantic adventure: Starbreaker! This second book in my Nightchaser trilogy might not transport you to Paris, but it will bring you to a far-away place filled with exhilarating danger, epic heists, narrow escapes, and steamy romance. Enjoy! And thank you for reading!
Starbreaker - Nightchaser Book 2
"Tess and Shade are my new favorite romance couple."—Entertainment Weekly for Nightchaser
THEY NEVER WANTED TO BE HEROES
Captain Tess Bailey and Shade Ganavan are still the galaxy's Most Wanted, and with revolution in the wind and the universe on the brink of catastrophic war, the situation couldn't be more desperate. Despite the Dark Watch scouring the known sectors for them, rebel leaders have handed the crew of the Endeavor a delicate and dangerous mission: break into Starbase 12 and free renowned scientist Reena Ahern. She's the only one who stands a chance of tipping the odds in their favor for the first time in decades.
BUT PULLING OFF THE IMPOSSIBLE IS WHAT THEY DO BEST
The clock is ticking. But as their attraction builds and secrets are revealed, Tess and Shade must decide if they trust each other enough to execute this impossible prison break. They could change the course of history, but they'll be risking everything... They'll just have to tackle one crisis at a time.
This giveaway is now over. The lucky winner is: Jennifer Muise