Top Five Coolest Things About Anthologies - Avery Flynn, Carmen Falcone & Talia Hunter
Hey all! Avery Flynn here. I’m so excited about the Seven Sins anthology. I love reading an anthology because it’s so much fun to see what different authors bring to a theme. Plus, it’s a great way to get new stories from some of my favorite authors while I’m waiting for their next standalone book to come out. I know I’m not alone there! :)
But have you ever wondered what’s so fun about writing them? I turned to my Seven Sins anthology buddies - the talented Carmen Falcone and Talia Hunter - and asked them to share what makes writing anthologies so awesome for them.
Top Five Coolest Things About Anthologies
By Carmen Falcone & Talia Hunter
Here are the things we loved the most about putting together the Seven Sins anthology, which combines seven sexy novellas into one sizzling package.
1. Choosing your co-workers. Imagine if you could actually pick which co-worker would occupy the cubicle next to yours. Wouldn’t that be divine? Writing is a lonely craft, except when projects like these give us the opportunity to spend time with other authors we admire. The Seven Sins anthology features a stellar line-up of authors including NYT Bestsellers, so we were in the best of company with our new co-workers. And guess what? Water cooler gossip included!
2. Branching out. Of course, one of the many advantages is to be able to network and get to know someone else’s readers. There’s the possibility that they’ll try your work, and who knows? Hopefully they’ll want to read more.
3. Learning new tricks. Putting together an anthology is another level of fun from doing a stand-alone title, and you get to exchange valuable promo tips with your fellow authors. There’s nothing better than being able to share knowledge and help each other out.
4. Getting to read your fellow authors’ stories first. That’s definitely a pro! For our anthology, every author was assigned one of the seven deadly sins to write a story around, and after we discussed some of the premises we just couldn’t wait to read each other’s work. The finished stories definitely didn’t disappoint!
5. Diversity. We had a very structured idea of the seven sins, yet we wanted to have wiggle room to let our muses run wild. The result is a delicious combo of different stories. You want a dominant stepbrother? We haz it! Are you craving a hunky CEO? Look no further! Is your heart set on a biker? Yup. Or baseball? Who knows… maybe a bit of spanking? Yes. Yes. Yes.
If you want to check out just how well we’ve worked together, check out Seven Sins at www.sevensinsbook.com, trust us it’s not a sin if you enjoy it!
Can't get enough of hot contemporary romance? For a limited time buy this sexy, exclusive anthology with seven all new stories from top authors, including USA Today Bestsellers, and discover your favorite sin today!
Blaze for Me – Natalie Anderson
When Austin Tate busts Nicoletta Valeri in a blistering moment of voyeuristic orgasm-envy, it’s the perfect chance for some payback, but instead she’s lit a fire than can be extinguished by only one thing…
Glutton For Punishment – Amy Andrews
With a sudden hankering to be spanked, Darcy Henderson figures Mitch Callaghan is the man for the job. But is she woman enough to take it?
Burned by Lust – Michele de Winton
Biker, Hade Corban is set to take over the Raising Hellfire Gang and love isn’t on his agenda, but lusty goodtime girl Lee Delevinge is hell bent on burning up his heart.
Sleeping with the Enemy - Robin Covington
All’s fair in love and baseball…but when Kat Carter, the newly-minted GM for the Virginia Venom, is determined to recruit rival superstar shortstop (and former lover) Derek Foxx the last thing she expects is a sexy ultimatum…
Princess Sin – Avery Flynn
There’s trouble on the horizon when Cynthia Aston, who the tabloids have nicknamed Princess Cyn for her slacker party girl ways, stows away on a yacht that belongs to workaholic billionaire Hunter McKenney, her older brother’s sexy best friend.
Accidentally Sinful – Carmen Falcone
Stranded due to a snowstorm, Santiago Cruz must let go of his pride and acknowledge forbidden feelings for the woman he loves but can’t forgive—his stepsister.
How to Seduce A CEO – Talia Hunter
Hot shot CEO Marcus Bolton’s decided who to hire for the top job, and it’s not Angel Moore, no matter how temping she might be. But Angel will do whatever it takes to land the job of her dreams—even seduce the boss.
Avery Flynn has three slightly-wild children, loves a hockey-addicted husband and is desperately hoping someone invents the coffee IV drip.
She fell in love with romance while reading Johanna Lindsey’s Mallory books. It wasn’t long before Avery had read through all the romance offerings at her local library. Needing a romance fix, she turned to Harlequin’s four books a month home delivery service to ease the withdrawal symptoms. That worked for a short time, but it wasn’t long before the local book stores’ staffs knew her by name.
Avery was a reader before she was a writer and hopes to always be both. She loves to write about smartass alpha heroes who are as good with a quip as they are with their *ahem* other God-given talents. Her heroines are feisty, fierce and fantastic. Brainy and brave, these ladies know how to stand on their own two feet and knock the bad guys off theirs.