UF & PNR May 2013
May? Wow 2013 is flying by. Time flies when you have your nose in a book ;-)
What books will your nose be stuck in this month?
There are plenty of hot new releases to choose from including: My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding (Demon Slayer, Book 5) by Angie Fox, Bitter Disenchantment (A Coveted Novella) by Shawntelle Madison, Dead Ever After (the final Sookie Stackhouse novel) by Charlaine Harris, A Highland Werewolf Wedding (Heart of the Wolf, Book 11) by Terry Spear, Dead Man’s Deal (The Asylum Tales, Book 2) by Jocelynn Drake, If I Should Die (Revenants, Book 3) by Amy Plum, Fall of Night (The Morganville Vampires, Book 14) by Rachel Caine, and The Girl with the Iron Touch (The Steampunk Chronicles, Book 3) by Kady Cross.
New releases touring with Bewitching Book Tours this month include: Fiery Edge of Steel (Noon Onyx Book Two) by Jill Archer, The Brazen Amazon (Alliance of the Amazons, Book Three ) by Sandy James, Prince of Shadows (Moonlight, Book 8) by Nancy Gideon.
I have these two books at the top of my to-read list: Tempest Reborn (Jane True, Book 6) by Nicole Peeler, and A Witch’s Handbook of Kisses and Curses by Molly Harper.
Instead of the Super Quick Author Interviews this month I want to try something new- the reader interview.
This month’s theme is the hero. Call him what you will- the male lead character, the hero of the story, the male love interest…let’s talk about the sexy men of paranormal romance and urban fantasy novels.
So I am going to post some questions I’d love for you- the reader- to respond to in the comments area. I will be responding with my own answers in the comments. I hope you’ll join me for a fun discussion.
Answer one, answer them all. My only requirement- have fun.
1) Who is your favorite paranormal romance or urban fantasy male character? Why?
2) How do you like your hero? Dominant alpha males that do not concede power to anyone ever, alpha males that can share the power with their female, the strong hero that can be a bad boy or alpha but is sure enough of himself he doesn’t have to control everything (I think Bones from Jeaniene Frost’s Night Huntress Series fits this description), beta males that are loving and understanding but don’t often shine as the type to make a girl’s heart race, the strong but damaged male that needs love to heal (JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood guys fit this description), the angsty guy (Edward Cullen Twilight), the monster that thinks he doesn’t deserve love (a huge majority of vampire males in books)?
3) What is your favorite type of paranormal hottie? The vampire, werewolf, other type of shifter, wizard/witch/magi/sorcerer, or something else?
4) What characteristics turn you off in a book? ‘
5) What hero characteristics do you love most?
6) The alpha male- in paranormal/urban fantasy books we love them. In real life, what do you think? Sexy or simply domineering (and sometimes abusive) jerks?
7) Last but not least, what would love to see in male character that you haven’t yet?
Thanks for joining us for this month’s Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy column.
Columnist Roxanne Rhoads: Story strumpet and tome loving tart...Roxanne Rhoads is a paranormal romance author, book publicist and owner of Bewitching Book Tours. Visit her at Roxanne's Realm and Bewitching Book Tours.